ENROLLMENT ALERT – APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR IS HERE!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN GLOBAL CONCEPTS CHARTER SCHOOL!
GCCS is now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year using SchoolMint, a new and convenient online application system. Please go to our Enrollment Application Page (Global CCS Enrollment Application) to learn more about SchoolMint and complete your application.
If you have any questions please call the Administration Building: (716) 821-1903
• The Open Enrollment period for Global Concepts Charter School has past, however we are still accepting application up until November 15, 2021.
• All completed applications submitted via SchoolMint during that period will be entered into our Admissions Lottery to be conducted April 1, 2020 at 10 am.
• Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by December 1, 2021.
• Preferences will be given to applicants in the following order:
• First - Siblings of students already enrolled at GCCS.
• Second - Students residing in the Lackawanna Public School District.
• Third - Students who are children of GCCS employees.
• Parents are invited—but not required—to attend the Admissions Lottery in the K-8 Building Auditorium at 10 am on April 1, 2021.
• The order of names generated by the Lottery will create the official Wait List for each grade level. As soon as openings are determined, students will be offered enrollment based on their Wait List order. Families will have 7 school days to register via SchoolMint and provide all required documentation. You will be asked to provide a Student Enrollment Form, the child's Birth Certificate, two proofs of your address, a copy of parent/guardian photo ID, proof of a current physical exam, immunization record and a dental exam, as well as completed Home Language and Residency Questionnaires.
• The Lackawanna School District does require further documentation. If you own your home, a tax bill or mortgage statement and if you rent, a lease agreement or a notarized Landlord Statement.
• The Wait List will be used to fill vacancies as they occur until November 15, 2021. At that time, the Wait List will become inactive and new students will no longer be accepted for enrollment.
• If you would like to tour Global Concepts Charter School, please call our K-8 building at 716-821-1903 or our High School at 716-939-2554 to make arrangements. You can also monitor our website for news of our annual Enrollment Open House. This event will be held in February and will offer information about GCCS and tours of the school buildings.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR CHILD MUST BE REGISTERED IN THE CITY OF WHICH YOU LIVE IN. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year for open enrollment will be accepted beginning at 8:00 AM Monday, January 11, 2021 until 12:00 noon Tuesday, March 30, 2021. We are still accepting applications until November 15, 2021.
We know the online SchoolMint Registration System is relatively new to Global Concepts Charter School, so we invite you to open this site up and read this article and see how easy it will be to start the application process:
START THE APPLICATION PROCESS ARTICLE
To apply for admission to Global Concepts Charter School, please visit:
Once your account is created, it will be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will be able to check the status of your application, see the outcome of the admission lottery, and, if your child is offered a a spot at GCCS, you can complete all registration paperwork via SchoolMint!
Should you need any type of assistance, please call our office (716-821-1903) where someone will be available to assist you in completing the online School Mint application. Plan on spending 15-20 minutes with us.
The application is all that is required at this time. If your child is offered enrollment at a later date, you will be notified and supplied with a list of required at this time. It is preferable that you start gathering paperwork now, see the list on the Enrollment Information Page under "General Enrollment Information".
ATTENTION ALL PARENTS: Your child must be registered in the school district you live in. This need to be completed as soon as possible.